This Blog Page

This blog page is not an official site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What is posted here is based on lesson materials with my own notes and opinions.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Welcome!

I've just been called by the Lord to serve as a Gospel Doctrine Teacher for my Ward.  I'm so excited!

I'm hoping to provide some links where visitors can find information shared in the class.

A little about me:

I was born in a Jewish hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio and raised Baptist.  I went looking for God when I was 14 years old (I didn't know the story of Joseph Smith at the time, but I found out about it when investigating The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

While investigating different religions, I learned a number of different things, particularly the differences in how these religions taught about who God was.  My own ideas and thoughts on God had already been formed since I was a small child, and I already had a personal relationship with God.  There were some religions who celebrated this relationship, others did not.  The closest I came to a religion I felt was correct were known at that time as the Messianic Jews (Jewish people who believe and accept Jesus as the Messiah).  It was when I attended meetings at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the first time that I knew this contained all of the beliefs I knew to be of God, and that this was where God wanted me to be.

My family, however, was not happy with this and I had to wait until I turned 18 years of age to be baptized.  It was a hard battle, emotionally and spiritually, but one I am thankful for now, as it forced me to learn the doctrine of the Church very quickly in order to handle the falsehoods I was hearing about the Church.

My life has been very different since, as I was married in the Mesa Arizona Temple in 1998, only to lose my husband in 2000.  We were unable to have children, which has led me to other opportunities that I would not have come to me if my circumstances had been different.

My experiences since my husband's passing have given me further insight into life on the other side of the veil, eternal marriage, eternal life and lives, the Holy Priesthood and other facets of life in the Kingdom of God.